Friday, August 8, 2008

Sisterhood is the best!














I love Sister Hinckley!!! I'll never forget going with my dear friend Teri to listen to her daughter talk at women's conference. I looked up on the front row and guess who was there... yes, Sister Hinckley! I was so-ooo excited! I said to Teri "I am going to go up and give her a hug". She said "you can't, they won't let you". I told her, "I am going to anyway", and I did. I wasn't going to miss a once in a lifetime opportunity :) I went up to her after the class and said "I just want to give you a hug" and she said to me in her sweet soft voice " Oh, Thank You". A treasured moment for me that I will never forget! Some of Sister Hinkley's sayings that I share the same feelings on: How grateful I am for the gospel and the assurance that even friendships are eternal.
Sisters, we are all in this together. We need each other. Oh, how we need each other. It is a sociological fact that women need women. We need deep and satisfying and loyal friendships with each other. These friendships are a necessary source of sustenance.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I loved her too. Her talks were always so funny. Friends are very important and I am glad you are mine. :)

Tink said...

I loved her too! She and Pres. Hinckley were great treasures and I'm so glad you took the opportunity to hug her. It will always be a cherished memory! I TOTALLY agree that we need each other. We need friendships and sisterhood. I'm so glad you have the time for me and are willing to be my friend! Luv ya!

Teri said...

I was there and you went against my advice and went to hug her anyway...I am glad you didn't listen to me. Wish I was as brave as you. She was a wonderful example of the type of woman I want to be someday. I am grateful for our friendship. Love ya!

Angela said...

I think Marjorie is so special and sweet that is awesome you gave her a hug :) A once in a lifetime opportunity good for you!

susette said...

Oh, what a brave lady you are! I'm impressed. Do you have her book "Small and Simple Things". It's the cutest little book that is so full of her personality. You can just hear her voice as you read through the pages. Lots of fun tips and thoughts throughout.