Saturday, October 4, 2008

~Ladies Night at Deseret Book~

I've been going with Rob's Mom to Ladies night at Deseret Book and we enjoy it and have lots of fun! They have author signings and musical performances, as well as prize drawings, refreshments, and gifts for the first 100 women that get there. We went to the Fort Union store tonight. We got our picture taken with Jenny Phillips and got to listen to her sing! I told her how much I enjoyed her fireside I went to. She also signed her new cd for me! It's always great to have something fun to look forward to while the guys are at the Priesthood meeting :)

14 comments:

Claire said...

That sounds like so much fun! i'm sure she came over here for a fireside.. or maybe I'm getting her mixed up with someone else... though I'm sure it was her.

It's great to get out with the ladies now and again, isn't it!?

Jan the crazy lady said...

How fun for you guys. She is so inspiring. Glad you got to have a Ladies Night out at the fabulous Deseret Book Store. That is my kind of night out.

Tink said...

How wonderful! I forget about that during conference. I love Jenny Phillips' music. No grumpy women in line this year? Lol

Paula said...

I love going to ladies night out! Thanks for inviting me! I love doing things with you!
Love ya,
Mom

Paul and Deb said...

Very nice!

trublubyu said...

thanks for stopping by my blog! come again anytime. i love company!!

i went with a friend to deseret book last night, too. long lines. lots of ladies. and fun treats.

The Barnharts said...

that is so cool! Hey check out my blog- I tagged you!

Mrs. Mordecai said...

I've never been to that before. Sounds like fun! Sometimes my mom takes all us girls out to see a play, though.

Angela said...

That's so great you went to ladies night! How wonderful that you met Jenny Phillips! It sounds like a super time you had!

Teri said...

Hey, what did you win? I missed it this year, whaaaa! Glad you had fun.

Rob said...

I'm glad you got out and had a good time. I love you.

Jenny said...

You always have lots of fun!! you party girl!!

Sarah said...

Sounds like fun! I haven't heard Jenny Phillips but I will check her out!

susette said...

oh that would be so fun on Priesthood night. I definitely look forward to some sort of entertainment when the boys all leave, usually down to the basement to scrapbook or off to get some cafe rio or costa vida!!